Your garage door is an extremely important feature of your home. A properly working one keeps your valuables protected, provides entry and exit and can even help keep your home cool in that hot Arizona weather. If your garage door isn’t working as it should, however, things can become frustrating very quickly. You may start wondering if you need to replace the door entirely. Nevertheless, sometimes all it needs is a simple repair.
Here are three times to repair and three times to replace your garage door.
Three times to repair your garage door
1. The door breaks down suddenly – It can be extremely frustrating when your garage door just suddenly stops working one day, but the good news is that this usually means you are in for a fairly simple fix. Sometimes it is something as simple as the batteries being replaced, and other times it is usually just an isolated problem that can be easily identified by a professional and fixed the same day.
2. The panels are damaged – Do you see panels that are visibly damaged? In most cases, these panels can just be removed and replaced or even directly repaired. There is no need to replace the whole door in the process.
3. One side appears to sag – Is one side lower than the other? Just like the tires on your car, your garage door needs to be regularly checked for alignment and balance. This is a fairly simple procedure that the pros at Tempe Garage Door Repair can easily handle.
Three times to replace your garage door
1. It never seems to work right – If the problems are ongoing, there is likely something fundamentally wrong with your garage door either in its installation or design. Other times this is just an indicator of it being really old and needing a full replacement. Either way, you are looking at a new garage door.
2. The door is generally unsafe – All modern garage doors should have an automatic stop feature that prevents them from closing on a car or a person. Likewise, the door should be be able to be opened without a code or key from the outside. Any door that is lacking in these safety areas should be swiftly replace to prevent future problems.
3. There is extensive, catastrophic damage – You’ll usually know this kind of damage when you see it. If a garage door is irreversibly damaged as the result of a car driving into it or some other highly damaging event (like a bad storm), you should have the door removed and replaced as soon as possible. Leaving it untouched can open up an unsafe environment for anyone nearby, especially children. You should also have the door removed and replaced quickly to evaluate whether or not there has been further damage caused to your home.
Have further questions or are just unsure if you’re looking at a “repair” or “replace” issue? Let the experts at Tempe Garage Door Repair be your guide! Contact us today or visit our Tempe location to learn more about our repair services and how we can help you get the garage door of your dreams.